Saturday, March 24, 2007

Going back

I have spent a lot of my time over the last few years racing bikes, mostly with the University of Minnesota Cycling Club. It all started back in the summer of 2001, during which I went on a bike tour through Norway and decided that it would be fun to try racing. When I got back to school in the fall, I joined the Stanford University Cycling Club and have had a great time since.

Here is a report of our trip through Norway, which I wrote up almost a year ago and just put up on the web. If you are looking for a special place to tour with your bike that is not France or Tuscany, Norway should be on the short list. Beautiful.


Since then, I've moved more and more towards track racing, which in my opinion is the most fun you can have on your bike. We have a great velodrome right here in the Twin Cities where you can either race or watch racing every Thursday night during the summer. You can also learn more about what is happing up there at the newly created mnvelodrome.org. Here is a video of a Madison race from last year. Note that this is actually a lot more exciting when you are actually there in person...



One more thing. . .
Apple is finally shipping the highly anticipated Apple TV. A much less talked-about and somewhat more troublesome product that was recently introduced by Steve Jobs is the iRack. See for yourself.

 

0 comments: