Monday, July 16, 2007

The tubes are clogged

No posts for a few days, what's up with that? Well, I've been riding through a rather low-tech part of the country, and I do need an internet connection of sorts to upload photos, maps, etc.

I am now in Muscatine, Iowa, after stopping in Dyersville last night and in Lansing the night before (all Iowa). Today was rainy, and so I thought it would be a good idea to find a motel with a nice internet connection and to catch up on the last three days.

Well, I am at the AmericInn in Muscatine, which has ethernet connections in all their rooms. Trouble is, they really do not work. I can sort of browse the internet (and post this, hopefully), but uploading anything seems basically impossible. I've talked with the front desk, called the provider, all to no avail. Don't ever stay at the AmericInn in Muscatine, it is expensive and definitely not worth it.

So please be patient for a little while longer. Rather than uploading posts piecemeal, I will wait until I can get all the pictures and maps up and then publish everything together. I will try to find an internet cafe tomorrow, I promise.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

We missed you at kickball Ben. We lost again. But it was close. We played Holy Balls, the team we lost to the first week. It was tied 0-0 in the top of the 7th inning but they came back to win it. Sadness. Have you made friends with any Hawkeye fans? When we were riding the MS150 there were some very proud Hawkeye fans that would drive to each rest stop and step up their car with a ginormous flag next to it. Have fun! -- Katrina

Ben said...

Sorry I couldn't be there.

I have not seen much of Hawkeye fans here, actually, except for here, but then again, I don't pay much attention to baseball...

More Packers fans, for sure. And more enthusiastic, too.